Monday, 10 November 2008

I GUESS I am A BOOKWORM . . .

Thanks to Agent Elle, who has passed the bookworm award baton onto me.

Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences. The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!

The closest book to me is the one I started reading last night - "One Night at the Call Centre" by Chetan Bhagat. I'm not sure I'm going to keep reading it yet - and by going to page 56 I was actually skipping ahead in the book!!!

"My mother needs professional help," Priyanka said. "She really does."
"What happened?" I swirled the straw in my Coke, making little fizzy drops implode.

Wow, was that intellectually stimulating or what???

I don't have time to think of anyone to tag for this as I've kinda gotta get finished getting ready for work but feel free to do it if you wish!

7 comments:

  1. ' I might have thrown myself out the window,but i lived on the first floor and didn't have the energy to climb the stairs to the roof.'

    David Sedaris- Me talk pretty one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider myself tagged, so I am doing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. i desperately need an idea to blog about, so i'm doing this as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nearest book was The BFG - tee hee! I just had a look on Amazon for the book you're reading - it got one 1/5 and one 5/5 review - I don't think I'd read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks for doing this!

    (And ohmigod - I loaded up your blog and The Hoosiers started blaring from my PC. I'm in work right now. Looks like someone forgot to turn the volume off :P Oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks for doing this!

    (And ohmigod - I loaded up your blog and The Hoosiers started blaring from my PC. I'm in work right now. Looks like someone forgot to turn the volume off :P Oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wait is that book about call centers... like phone places? because that sounds like it could be pretty awesome.

    I worked at a call center for a year so maybe I'm a little partial.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)