Monday, 24 May 2010

ALWAYS THE LAST PLACE YOU LOOK . . .

So last week I misplaced my umbrella. Ironically, the last time I could remember having it was at the Rihanna gig. (And no, I hadn't brought it with me so I could put it up and dance while waving it about during "Umbrella" - which a lot of people did - I just had it with me because I live in Scotland and it rains a lot!)

I never have any luck with umbrellas. They're always breaking, or I lose them. Each one lives with me for only a short period of time.

I thought this was going to happen to this one, when it got to the weekend and I still hadn't found it. I asked V if I'd left it at hers the night of the concert but she said she hadn't seen it. So that had been my last option.

Until last night when I finally found it.

It was in my refrigerator.

My FRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even ask . . .

Have you ever lost something of yours and then found it again in a really random place?

17 comments:

  1. LOL! In the refrigerator?? hehe. Must have been a great night!!

    I'm always losing things & they usually wind up in crazy places too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appear to have lost my integrity awhile back, any chance it's in your fridge too? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...once I left my car keys in the pantry and couldn't find them for several days. Totally freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet... I'm looking forward to this happening so I can laugh, though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my iPod and then found it in a storage canister of rice! I'd cooked some rice while listening to it the night before but I have no idea how or why I came to put my iPod in there! I worry about my sanity sometimes!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny! :)))) suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once lost my specs to then realise once I'd finished ripping the house apart that I was actually wearing them! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did once find laundry detergent in my fridge. Which really puzzled me, until I went to put it away in the laundry, and there I found a carton of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you serious?? Were you drinking?? ;-) Sorry, don't have a story as crazy as yours. Usually I just lose my keys or cell phone but find 'em pretty quickly. Your story definately takes the cake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahah NICE! I cant say i haven't done something similar.. but in the fridge! That takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahah NICE! I cant say i haven't done something similar.. but in the fridge! That takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is ridiculous. You might have mental health problems. Never done anything on that scale but I did get an umbrella confiscated when I went to see Oasis last year - I'd brought it with me because it was an outside gig. In Manchester. But apparently the kind of people that go to Oasis gigs are the kind of people who use umbrellas as weapons and it was taken off me. I was livid, I'd bought it especially FOR the concert!

    And then I thought I'd be a know it all and when we went to see Take That was all "no no we can't take umbrellas" only to have it absolutely piss it down on us whilst everyone else sheltered under their umbrellas. Different class of people at Take That it would appear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That reminds me of the time my husband came home from work and put a dozen eggs in the freezer. The freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is hilarious! How how how? I must know! I really must!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lord, please say it was after a few drinks hehe!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)