Friday, 14 May 2010

"IF LOOKS COULD KILL, THEY PROBABLY WILL . . ."



I'm not really a massive fan of petty people.

There's a problem with pettiness (pettyness?) though. However much I hate it, however much I try to rise above other people's, it has a tendency to grab me by the ankles and drag me back down to the same level. I find yourself getting involved in spats I didn't want to be involved in, having a bitch about something utterly stupid just because the playing field has changed and now all bets are off.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a school playground.

I wonder why certain people are so willing to try and destroy other people. When I say "other people", I mean me, of course. (It's ALL about me, doncha know???) I'm not sure what I'm meant to have done wrong in the first place, but I'm sick of being sucked into this Giant Vortex of Petty Crap.

There's a lot of bad things that go on in this world, a lot more serious issues to be contending with, a lot of people in pain in the world for GENUINE reasons. I wish some people would just grow up, let other people get on with their lives, and quit playing silly games.

We're meant to be ADULTS after all.

That's all.

PS I'm sorry. I've had a shitty week, I'm still covered in mosquito bites, my right eye won't stop running (perhaps it wants to escape my bad mood? Can't say I blame it . . .) and I'm just SICK of immaturity. Perhaps the rant will help me.

10 comments:

  1. Ohh your back!!! Oh dear I'm sorry to hear about all the mosquito bites & your eye. I'm a mosquito magnet in the summer so I've been there. Don't scratch whatever you do!!

    People really are immature sometimes and its sad. If you have a double digit age, act like it. Maybe the weekend will bring some good times. I hope you feel better!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a shitty week too...
    but... what are adults if not big kids??? The only thing that changes are the playground rules!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had a shitty week babes. Aunty Rose will help i hope?

    I love that song though

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs*

    babe, you know where me and my cheap-ish off-licence is if you want to get drunk and have a ranting session.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the rant helped. A good rant usually does. And I also hope that your weekend improves upon you week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to tell you that when I first started reading this, I though it said.. I'm not a fan of pRetty people, I have a problem with pRettyness. I was thinking what? She doesn't like good looking people? lol

    Hope your weekend goes better than your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh I know how you feel! My job is FULL of it! and these women are 40 plus! It gets sooo annoying! Hang in there lady sorry your week sucked! But its the weekend now! Enjoy =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh petty people, wanna get myself to smack a lot of those too. I mean sometimes you just can't rise above it when they push your buttons so much, you just need to lash it out. They must annoy you to escape from their own miserable boring lives.

    Hang in there, love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why are you saying sorry? We're all entitled to a bad mood.

    I wonder if the person who pissed you off is reading this? I wonder if he/she knows you're referring to them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, rants are always good!

    In the ends, adults are just tall kids. It's playground rules all the way!

    I'm not a stranger to pettyness and gossip and all that stuff. But recent events have finally proved me 100% that I need to change. I don't want to be known as "that person". I got sucked into things because my own life was boring and just dragging on, and that is the main reason of small games to make people feel bad: lack of life of their own.

    Whoever's put you on a bad mood, tell them to get a life and move on!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)