Wednesday, 12 May 2010

WHERE IN THE WORLD WEDNESDAY: ZANTE!

So I've missed out on Classy in Philadelphia's Wednesday feature recently due to starting to run out of places I've visited, but of course I have somewhere I visited just last week that I have some pictures from so here we go . . .

Of course, this time it's Zante. To be honest, I prefer the Greek name - Zakynthos. Sounds much more exotic.

Only problem is, I'm limited to the pics I snapped on my Blackberry until my sister uploads the other photos. But here are a couple of shots for your viewing pleasure . . .

The beach - the day we sat on the beach, we watched the planes flying in and were freaking out a bit as it looked like they were about to crash into these mountains. Thank goodness they didn't! Isn't it pretty though?

Me by the pool on our first night. I was ridiculously drunk - this was the night I'd already fallen over twice.

The view from our balcony. Laganas is a strange mix of countryside and full-on party resort. This shows the countryside view of it. We never got sun on our balcony which was a major bone of contention for me.

Anyhoo, this will have to do for now. I'm getting major holiday withdrawal now - if you ever have a chance to go to Zante, you definitely should. It's bee-yootiful. I kind of wish I could go for two weeks though so I had time to actually go and see the sights properly. Naked Guy, who was staying on another week, has a couple of great pics on his FB from a boat trip he went on - maybe I should steal those at some point!

Where in the World are YOU this Wednesday? Stop by Jessica's blog to participate.

9 comments:

  1. Ah gorgeous. You always give me travel fever. Can't wait to get away in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go baaaaaaaaaack! :(

    I went to see the shipwreck, that was pretty cool, and the blue caves. And you can go way up to the mountains and there's this teeny little taverna and a little church which is very pretty but it's a) ridiculously hot up in them there mountains and b) you might die on the taxi ride up or down the mountains which they take at about 70mph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get wasted in Zeros? :D
    Laganas is bloody brilliant and the beach is gorgeous! Perfect mix of party and paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding a destination to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED a vacation! I was so jealous reading all your tweets while you were away!

    I cannot find you email again, so this is my roundabout way of asking you to do a guest post. I feel like I need a little break on the blog, and something different to post while I'm getting busier with moving. I was hoping to do a guest post series based on my In Another Life post from a few months ago. http://oughtasay.blogspot.com/search/label/another%20life

    I hope you would like to participate! email me if you are. oughtasay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeousssss! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a good time - although what a shocker that you didn't get any sunshine on the balcony! x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)