Sunday, 18 July 2010

ANSWER TIME . . .

Hi everyone!

I know you'll all have been waiting with bated breath for this, so here are the ANSWERS to your questions. Whooo - is the excitement too much??? Try to stay calm, I know it's difficult though...

Unfortunately, the vlog thing did not happen. I'm upset about this too - I spent ages trying to sort it but it doesn't seem to have worked out. Well, it HAS been uploaded but sidey-ways I'm afraid. So if you DO want to watch the vlog, you can go here to see it, but I will be sideways, just to warn you! I spent so long doing it and trying to upload it that I can't be bothered trying any further. Sorry folks but I DID try!

The Vegetable Assassin asked:
I meant to ask where you were from originally if not Glasgow? (Oh god what an INTERESTING question, Veg)

First of all, Veg, there's no such thing as an uninteresting question. Only uninteresting answers. This may be one of those. I grew up just outside Glasgow, a town about 10 miles south called Hamilton. It's not got many claims to fame, although many Scottish footballers hail from there. In fact, quite a lot of Celtic players from the past went to my high school. Oh and one famous snooker player! But yeah, that's pretty much the most interesting thing about it...

Lady Lovely asked . . .
Did you ever have a goth phase? Because you seem so girly!

I am indeed quite girly and no, I've never had a goth phase. I DID go through a hippy phase but as usual when I try to follow the crowd (there were a lot of hippy phases going on at that point) I tend to get it wrong, which is why I don't generally do that. For example, to be a "proper" hippy, you had to have Doc Marten boots. My mum bought me the cheaper imitation - Sargeant Pepper boots. Not quite the same thing. Yes, my hippy phase didn't last long...

Do you like Disney films?

I am a big kid and I therefore ADORE Disney films. We all know my feelings on Robin Hood, the fox from that particular Disney film. Perhaps we'll not go into that again...


JP asked me:

What was the last thing you spent too much money for?

I don't tend to spend a lot of money on one particular item, but the last thing I remember spending a ton on was my Links of London sweetie bracelet and charm. It cost me about one hundred and fifty quid all in all. I bought it in 2008 to cheer myself up right after I'd been dumped, and I don't regret buying it. My friend V bought me a lucky knickers charm for it for my 30th too - I'm still waiting for it to be lucky for me, but I love that too!

What was the last thing you bought, wore, then returned?

I don't do that. That's naughty! To be honest, i NEVER return things. Which is probably a bit thick of me, as I do buy a lot of stuff without trying it. But I just can't be bothered taking it back if it doesn't look right! (What can I say, I'm lazy with a capital L!)

What sale purchase are you most proud of?

I got a really cute little purple skirt with coral polka dots in the Miss Selfridge sale which I love. It only cost me seven pounds. That is my best sale purchase at the moment!

What did you buy that you haven't had the guts to wear yet?

Um, that would be my black leather dominatrix outfit. Nah, just kidding. My clothing choices are never particularly out-there, so I'd never buy something I didn't have the guts to wear. It's just not me.

Sprinkles asked me:

What do you do for a living?

I don't really talk about my job on my blog, but I work for an accountancy body. I'm not an accountant. I'm an administrator in the exams department. Fascinating stuff...

Do you believe in ghosts and if so, have you ever seen any?

I don't really believe in ghosts. Or I prefer to believe they don't exist, because the idea that they DO scares me. Then again, if ghosts exist then I guess that proves there is definitely an afterlife so maybe I DO want to believe in them. Argh - I've confused myself now!

If you had a million dollars, tax free, what would you do with it?

I'd give some to charity and some to my friends and family, I'd buy myself a nice flat in Glasgow city centre and a holiday home in the Canary Islands. Oh, and I'd look into opening my 90s bar that I'm always talking about doing.

What's one thing you've always wanted to do but haven't yet?

That one's easy. I'd love to fall head over heels in love. Preferably with someone who felt the same about me...

Mich asked me:

You're straight as a die BUT... if you had to sleep with one celebrity female (or have them go down on you, whatever)... life or death situation(!) - who would you choose?

Surprise surprise, Mich!!! I've given this some thought. Obviously girls are quite competitive, so I didn't want to be with someone who was much skinnier or hotter than me - but then of course I don't want to get with an ugly one (Renee Z, for example!) Then I realised that this was pretty much mission impossible so I choose Alyssa Milano. Okay, so she IS hot and skinny, but she's also older than me. So I win ONE point! (Get THAT around you, Milano!!)

Steve G asked me:

Don't worry Mich, I'll go sexual too - Would you rather sleep with that female celebrity (and by sleep, I mean not actually sleeping) or a skanky ass dude?

Skanky ass dude or Alyssa Milano? Hmmm. Is there really a contest here??? (Alyssa wins. By default really, but she still wins.)

Ashley
asked me:


Did you like school? What did you study?


I wasn't sure if this was school as in school, or school as in college/uni. So I'll answer both. I was miserable at school, but I loved uni. I was much happier there. And I studied Marketing & Communication, which was good fun, although it doesn't exactly come in useful in my current occupation!

What's your favorite drink (aside from rose wine).

My favourite non-alcoholic drink is Diet Irn Bru, the "other" national drink of Scotland. My favourite alcoholic drink apart from rose wine is either a French Martini cocktail or a nice glass of Baileys over ice. Mmmm...


Wombat asked me:

Will flared trousers make a comeback?

First of all, do wombats WEAR trousers??? Do they actually CARE about fashion? Or are you just being a smart-ass, Wombat??? ;) Anyhoo, I'm not really up to speed on fashion and I don't really care for wearing trousers, so I can't really answer your question definitively, I'm afraid. Sorry dude! You'll have to just figure it out for yourself...

Little Miss Juicy asked me:

Umm..this might just be the dumbest question, but where are you from? And what do you do? And are you currently in a relationship? I am only asking so as to get to know you better. Haven't really come across a bio or something of the sort about you! :)


Not dumb at all. I live in Glasgow and, as I mentioned above, work for an accountancy body, although really I want to be a writer! I'm not currently in a relationship - I've not been in one for nearly a year, have had only one date since then (which was last November) and have only kissed one guy this year. So I'm practically growing cobwebs, if you know what I mean!


Caro asked me:

If you could go back in time watch would be the 5 things you would do differently?

I would have gone travelling when I left uni like I really wanted to do. I would have not went back to work for the con artist and spent all my savings when she didn't pay me. I would have accepted my relationships were over sooner rather than wasting time on them any longer and wondering "what if?". I wouldn't have lost touch with so many old friends. And I wouldn't have posted certain things on my old blog which got me into trouble a few years ago.


Auburn Kat asked me:

How do you handle living with so many roommates?

Most of the time it's fairly easy, believe it or not! It's a really big flat so you can go for days without seeing someone a lot of the time. Otherwise I probably would have moved out LONG ago!


Andhari asked me:

If you're a cast of Jersey Shore, what would be your name and personality? LOL

I probably would just use my most common nickname which is P-Shack. I reckon that would work quite well - I'd fit in, right? I would be the one who got drunk all the time and did stupid things. (So I guess my personality wouldn't have changed all that much from my real life persona then...)


Blue Eyes asked me:

If tomorrow you could wake up anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Lanzarote or Fuerteventura - my two favourite islands. I would love to live in the Canary Islands.

What do you think about right before you fall asleep?

Generally I'm thinking "why the heck am I not asleep yet???" to be honest. It takes me ages to fall asleep and I get really frustrated!

If you had to do something physically challenging (eg climb a mountain, run a marathon, canoe down the Amazon or whatever) within the next two years what would it be and why?

I would LOVE to have it in me to run a marathon but given I get tired out running ONE mile I don't think I could manage 25 more on top of that. I like the sound of canoeing down the Amazon though, for sure!


And that's all folks! Sorry for the length of it, and the crappy vlog but I hope you still like me. :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm really girly too! Never heard of Irn Bru. Is that like a tea?

    Thanks for answering my questions! I totally get not talking about your job, I just didn't know what you did for a living and was curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Holy shit, Hamilton. Check out your email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, thanks for the answers! Some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I also have a thing for Robin the Fox. Disney has a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wombats, dear Paula, despite a gorgeous all-over fur-coat, have been known to wear trousers, yes. Mostly formal occasions, but sometimes just for trim-chasing purposes to the pub.

    Nice Vlog BTW, you should figure out those...technical difficulties and do more.

    Plus now I'm jonesing to try this Irn Bru business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. They all made me giggle.I'm wondering about wombats wearing trousers. Did Rocko, of Rocko's Modern Life? Though he was a wallaby...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyssa Milano - excellent choice! Cute, brunette, and has tattoos - I wholeheartedly approve.

    Right, we need to somehow make this hookup happen... :P lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Date v .. purposeful resumes spray options. Additionally, you will find a dried out sweat, your sauna revenue, plus your exams or simply funds orders placed can distinct want
    check here or how to unlock apple iphone 4
    [b]how to unlock my iphone 3gs [/b] how to unlock iphone 4 Overseeing a person's necessary arrangements

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)