Sunday, 4 July 2010

THE GIRLS I WISH WERE REAL . . .

Following on from Thursday's post about the guys I wish were real (as in my real-life boyfriend) I decided I should also do a post about the fictional HEROINES I wish were real. The ones I completely believe could be my friend in real life if they jumped out of the tv into my room. (They'd probably be a bit confused about that, but I'd offer them some wine and they'd soon get over the trauma of my messy room.)

So . . . here goes!



Jules Cobb (Cougar Town)




Cougar Town is my new favourite show and I ADORE Courteney Cox's character in it. She's funny, neurotic AND she loves her wine. Just as much as I do. If we were hanging out, I'd need to make sure I had a MASSIVE supply of wine to keep us going, because I think we could get through it fairly quickly...


Elliot Reed (Scrubs)




Everytime I watch Scrubs and Elliot, she nearly always says or does something that makes me think "Oh my god she is (a skinnier, hotter version of) me!" Plus she suffers from verbal diarrhoea the same way I do.


Karen Walker (Will & Grace)




1) She likes her alcohol. 2) I'd like to shrink her down and carry her around in my pocket so she could entertain me all day with her one-liners. (What do you mean, I'm not allowed to do that??? I'd let her drink!)

***"I’m too tired to slap you. Bash your face against my palm."
***"No one in the world would believe you're straight. You fell out of the gay tree, hitting every gay branch on the way down. And you landed on a gay guy... and you did him."
***"I know what guilt is. It's one of those touchy-feely words that people throw around that don't really mean anything... You know, like 'maternal' or 'addiction'"

That's all.



Cher Horowitz



All she ever wanted was to make people happy and well-dressed. Is that such a bad thing???


Which fictional character(s) would YOU want as a real life friend?

15 comments:

  1. Rachel from Friends and Lorelai and Sookie from Gilmore Girls.
    I'd totally be BFF's with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sniff" I miss Britney Murphy. I think we would have been really cool friends. I always liked her. - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing good things about Cougar Town but I'm still hesitant to try it! I hate wasting time but I really want some show that I can fall headfirst in love with!
    And umm..I have a lot of characters from books I'd definitely want as friends, but none from tv as such..infact all my favourite books are those who have brilliant characters I would want to befriend in real life! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Karen Walker. :) I think the same things when I watch Will & Grace . . . she'd be SUCH FUN to hang out (and drink) with--ha! And her relationship with Jack is adorable. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen Walker for sure, Cher Horowitz, Rachel from friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anastasia Beaverhausen. Anastasia, like Russian royalty. And Beaverhausen like.... where the beaver live.

    Ooooh and Patsy from Ab Fab.

    Oooh and Jordan from Scrubs.

    And that clip from Cougar Town turned me on way more than it should have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with CuppyCakes!! I'd also add Penny from Big Bang Theory tho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove Karen Walker too. Having just woken up from a Sunday afternoon nap, I can't think of anyone else, but I like most of your list!

    (PS I also love Robert Downey Jr, so we'd have to fight over him. I'd prefer him as Iron Man/Tony Stark though, or perhaps Sherlock Holmes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle Woods from Legally Blonde, who says you can't be successful while wearing pink and sparkles?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I meant "ramblings" btw :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish Elliot was real too! She is such a funny, wonderful woman!
    Oh, and Cher Horowitz! (was that her surname?)She was really nice and concerned about everybody's happiness...
    I wish Phoebe Buffay was real! I feel so identified with her and her rambles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Cougar Town! I'd like to hang out with the whole culdesac crew. And Sookie from True Blood. She's a true friend and I bet I'd never be bored with her around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun Post! I'm with ya on Karen Walker...she is too hilarious. And yes, she'd be my perfect drinking P.I.C. (Partner in Crime). And I do kind of love Bethenny Frankel from Housewives of NY. She does the whole "I'm-so-funny-look-how-funny-I-am" thing a little too much, but shit, the woman IS pretty darn funny most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahahah, my best friend's dad refers to me only as "Karen" because he says I sound like her sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh -- this is a great post!! I LOVE Karen from Will and Grace... SO SO FUNNY!! I'd love to have her around to keep me laughing all day :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)