Sunday, 1 August 2010

WEDDING WEEKEND . . .

This weekend I went to a wedding. Well, technically the bride and groom were hitched last week so it was just the reception part, but I don't really know what else to call it. So I was calling it a "wedding shindig".

Here's what I took from the weekend in general:

***Not only do I have no sense of direction, I also have no observation or navigational skills when it comes to trying to direct someone to a place they've never been before. Even when I have the instructions written down in front of me!!!

***I apparently have stress issues when it comes to big events such as weddings. I changed my mind back and forth about twenty times about whether to go or not. Even yesterday I changed my mind several times.

***I'm glad I went though.I actually had a FABULOUS time, ended up staying really late and then ended up at a party back at the bride and groom's flat.

***Which is weird because I honestly was only planning to stay for three hours and then go home and get drunk alone.

***Speaking of going home, I have absolutely no idea when I got home! I'm just amazed I didn't lose any of my belongings.

***Mixing your drinks is okay as long as its all the different colours of wine. Rose, white and even RED was consumed by drunken little moi last night.

***Occasionally I CAN show some self-restraint and manage to be nice to people I know dislike me while under the influence.

***EVEN with a person who blatantly refused my friend request on Facebook (it was a legit request as well) and then try to act all nicey-nice to my face.

***However, I am fairly sure I had a go at the colleague who didn't invite me for after-work drinks on Friday night. I don't think I was horrible about it. But I think I went on about it a bit and told him never to leave me out again. Oops.

***I am naturally a "hugger" but I don't like the whole cheek-kissing thing. It makes me nervous. I worry I might offend because I let myself be kissed but make no effort to return the favour.

***I find cheek-kissing especially awkward with colleagues and/or former colleagues who reject my Facebook friend requests. Just sayin'.

***I vaguely remember telling a female colleague that I'm jealous of her surname. What the fuck???

***Apparently I have a rather fetching dress in my wardrobe that I forgot I even owned (my new phone has a timer on the camera. I am rather enamored of this. It's like Cher in Clueless taking polaroids of her outfits because she doesn't rely on mirrors . . . )



***Unfortunately I decided it was maybe a tad too dressy. Luckily I have my old trusty Mango dress (from a Mango store in Fuerteventura. Weirdly, I rarely see anything I like in Mango at home, but when I go to branches in the Canary Islands, I always find loads of gems) that I like to brush off and put on for certain special occasions. Thank God for that.



***I do kinda wish I had gone for my original choice though. I hope I have another occasion to wear it to soon.

***I don't think I fell over last night. Although my heels sunk into the grass when I went outside the marquee to queue for my pig.

***Yes. We ate spit-roasted pig. And a very tasty pig it was.

***A guy I've known for a few years now kept stroking my leg last night. Then apologising. Then doing it again. I'm not sure whether he was trying to hit on me, or it was some sort of reflex reaction.

***Possibly both?

***A veg-o-roma pizza from Dominos makes a great cure for a mild hangover, as does a can of Fanta. Yum.

All in all, it's been an interesting weekend I think. How's yours been???

16 comments:

  1. Just a question - Who were these mysterious captors who forced you to dress in different outfits and then take pictures? ;) You look miserable! However, both dresses look good on you, especially the white one, so congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first dress is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice 'forgotten' dress indeed!

    And yep, you were getting hit on.

    Glad you had a good time :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the wedding was successful then! Not falling over and not losing anything when very drunk are always a bonus, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu are very pretty!! But you look like lasers are going to come out of your eyes!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a fab party in the end, which is good!
    I like both dresses....did you take those pics on self timer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Paula,

    Great pics and I also especially love the first dress. You look *so* serious in both pics! If I ever pass you in Glasgow, I think I'd be too scared to say hello!!! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both dresses are cute but the first one is a liiiiiiitle bit cuter. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have absolutely no sense of direction either. I can barely make it to my parents house and back. lol

    I like both dresses. The first one is dressier but I wouldn't necessarily say prettier. More wedding-ish.

    That guy rubbing your leg was most definitely hitting on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of the dresses! The guy was definitely hitting on you...was he cute?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, love the dresses. Glad you had a good time.

    I have a wedding to go to later this month and I'm already dreading it.. mostly because I don't know the people. They're friends of my boyfriend and to make it more awkward, his ex wife will be there and that brings about the whole, "I HAVE to look better than her" anxiety.. which makes no sense, because he's with ME, not HER, but still.. ya know?

    Okay, I'm rambling about something ridiculous... the point of this comment was to say that I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the first dress, i hope you get to wear it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think both dresses are gorge! I have the same prob - buy awesome dress then never have the occassion to wear it! Only now I finally have the opportunity for one of them...BUT NO SHOOOOES! *sigh* that's the story of my weekend!!

    Oh, and well done for not falling over :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You better wear that first dress soon. FIIIIIERCE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So I love that first dress! It's gorgeous on you! (and yes I know that had been stated like 100 times before me, but I had to put my 2cents in...)

    And now a question from the ignorant American, I've heard the word a couple times but I don't know what it means. What does "marquee" mean? ("...went outside the marquee to queue for my pig) >.< I know I probably sound dumb, but I'm curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for pictures of pretty dresses and a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)